From: Radhesh Mohandas <rod(at)arl(dot)wustl(dot)edu>
To: pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org
Date: 2000-01-28 16:58:24
Lists: pgsql-ports
If PostgreSQL failed to compile on your computer or you found a bug that
is likely to be specific to one platform then please fill out this form
and e-mail it to pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org(dot)

To report any other bug, fill out the form below and e-mail it to
pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org(dot)

If you not only found the problem but solved it and generated a patch
then e-mail it to pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org instead.  Please use the
command "diff -c" to generate the patch.

You may also enter a bug report at http://www.postgresql.org/ instead of
e-mail-ing this form.

                        POSTGRESQL BUG REPORT TEMPLATE

Your name		:	Radhesh Mohandas
Your email address	:	rod(at)arl(dot)wustl(dot)edu

System Configuration
---------------------
  Architecture (example: Intel Pentium)  	: Sun Sparc

  Operating System (example: Linux 2.0.26 ELF) 	: Solaris

  PostgreSQL version (example: PostgreSQL-6.5.3):   PostgreSQL-6.5.3

  Compiler used (example:  gcc 2.8.0)		: gcc 2.95

The database is corrupted when I do the following

I create a table using jdbc

Open a transaction and delete the table
Then I query select * from table and don't catch the SQLException
The application exits
and the database is now corrupt

I can neither update the table, view it , recreate it or destroy it
The table is visible when I connect to the database using psql and say \d
Also I can see its structure using \dt but I can't see the contents using
select * .
The following error is output

db=> select * from keydb;
ERROR:  mdopen: couldn't open keydb: No such file or directory
db=>

now If I try to create another table with the same name, the table exist !!
db=> create table keydb ( something int);
ERROR:  Relation 'keydb' already exists

The following may be helpful

db=> \d
Database    = keydb
 +------------------+----------------------------------+----------+
 |  Owner           |             Relation             |   Type   |
 +------------------+----------------------------------+----------+
 | rod              | keydb                            | table    |
 +------------------+----------------------------------+----------+

db=> \d keydb
Table    = keydb
+----------------------------------+----------------------------------+-------+
|              Field               |              Type                | Length|
+----------------------------------+----------------------------------+-------+
| keyid                            | int4                             |     4 |
| serial                           | int4                             |     4 |
| packet                           | text                             |   var |
| parent                           | int4                             |     4 |
| type                             | char()                           |     1 |
+----------------------------------+----------------------------------+-------+
db=> insert into keydb values (1,1,"1",1,1);
ERROR:  mdopen: couldn't open keydb: No such file or directory

Please describe a way to repeat the problem.   Please try to provide a

included above

If you know how this problem might be fixed, list the solution below:

uncommited transactions should automatically be aborted when embeded sql
aplications are terminating

Radhesh Mohandas
Residence:            	 #	Office:
341,#B,Rosedale Ave.     #      Jolley 541, Computer Science Dept.
St.Louis,MO 63112        #      One Brookings Drive,Washington University,
                         #      St.Louis,MO - 63130.
phone :  314-862-1418    #      314-935-7543
		As Hungry as a WOLF - nop ??
			As Hungry as a grad student - yep !

pgsql-ports by date

Next:From: Jeff SadowskiDate: 2000-01-31 20:12:16