Re: Antw: many-many mapping between unique tables

From: Indraneel Majumdar <indraneel(at)www(dot)cdfd(dot)org(dot)in>
To: sqllist <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Antw: many-many mapping between unique tables
Date: 2000-10-17 05:19:43
Lists: pgsql-sql
Hi,

Thank you very much. Now I know to use serial and not oid. I hope I got
the correct message.

Thanks,
Indraneel

On Mon, 16 Oct 2000, Josh Berkus wrote:

> Please reference two things:
>
> 1. Look in the list archives for the last 4 weeks and you will read a
> long discussion on the risks/limitations of using an OID as the primary
> key on very large tables. (Subject: Object-Relational Database Design).
>
> 2. For how to use OIDs, please look in Bruce Momjian's excellent PGSQL
> book-in-progress, available on the Postgresql.org website. (Chapter 7, I
> believe).

# Indraneel Majumdar                  ¡  E-mail: indraneel(at)123india(dot)com  #
# Bioinformatics Unit (EMBNET node),  ¡  URL: http://scorpius.iwarp.com  #
# Centre for DNA Fingerprinting and Diagnostics,                         #
# Hyderabad, India - 500076                                              #