JDBC driver returns NullPointerException on getObject

From: Joshua Introne <jintrone(at)cs(dot)brandeis(dot)edu>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: JDBC driver returns NullPointerException on getObject
Date: 1999-02-10 03:14:48
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Could anyone tell me where I might find an updated jdbc driver which
fixes the NullPointer exception returned by getObject on an empty field of
a non-sql type (like point, box, etc)?

Reading through the archives, it appears there is one, but for the life of
me, I can't find it. The most recent postgresql.jar at
http://www.retep.org.uk/postgres doesn't seem to fix the problem, and the
source shipping with v6.4.2 doesn't appear to be the most recent
available.

Thanks much,

Joshua E. Introne
Department of Computer Science