Re: Requests for Development

From: Roberto Mello <rmello(at)cc(dot)usu(dot)edu>
To: Jan Wieck <janwieck(at)Yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com, sqllist <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Requests for Development
Date: 2000-11-17 16:06:17
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-sql

On Wed, 15 Nov 2000, Jan Wieck wrote:

> To put the ball back into your yard, I'd like to make a
> request too. There seem to be alot people using PL/pgSQL
> and/or PL/Tcl extensively. OTOH there are newbies again and
> again asking for a good tutorial, programming examples and so
> on. Writing a good tutorial doesn't require a good backend
> developer, IMHO an experienced SQL-programmer would be the
> better guy anyway. During the past 4 years I've heard over
> and over that people would like to contribute their $0.05 if
> they only could code in C. That's an area where nobody needs
> any C experience.

I have this on the way. I started creating such document a
couple months ago when I was porting stuff from Oracle to PostgreSQL and
stumbled on the few examples on the documentation. I'd be glad to finish
it up, add more things to it and then put it somewhere for review,
comments, suggestions, additions, etc.
Part of this document will be on how to port Oracle PL/SQL to
Postgres' PL/SQL and PL/Tcl.

- Roberto Mello
Utah State University - Computer Science
USU Free Software and GNU/Linux Club - http://linux.usu.edu
Linux para quem fala Portugues- http://linux.brasileiro.net
Linux Registered User #96240