ipcrm or ipcclean hint

From: Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnaka(at)iki(dot)fi>
To: pgsql-patcher(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Darko(dot)Prenosil(at)finteh(dot)hr, finteh(at)finteh(dot)hr
Subject: ipcrm or ipcclean hint
Date: 2005-01-03 20:52:00
Lists: pgsql-patches

Hi,

While playing around, I got the following error message:

--
FATAL: pre-existing shared memory block (key 5432001, ID 90898435) is
still in use

Thats normal because I used "kill -9 postmaster" to shut down.

The hint advises me to use "ipcrm", but there's the "ipcclean" script in
bin for just this purpose. The hint should probably advise to use
ipcclean.

The attached patch replaces all occurances of "ipcrm" with "ipcclean" in
src/backend/utils/init/miscinit.c and all the translations in
src/backend/po.

While reviewing the patch, I noticed a likely typo in hr.po. While I don't
speak Croatian, the translation seems to advise to use the "icpm(1)"
command. I changed that to "ipcclean" too.

- Heikki

Attachment Content-Type Size
ipcclean.diff text/plain 18.3 KB