Using system call + wrapper?

From: Richie <dugganr(at)student(dot)cs(dot)ucc(dot)ie>
To: pgsql-php(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Using system call + wrapper?
Date: 2001-02-26 17:01:06
Lists: pgsql-php
Hi

I am trying to allow people to save images from their file system to a
directory on my machine called images, for example the path that I want to
save to is /usr/local/apache/htdocs/project/images/.

Obviously from above I am using an Apache web server, PHP and PostgreSQL.
My problem is that you need sudo access to save anything to this
directory so I get a "Permission denied..." error on the browser. I want
to save the image to the images directory and save the path to a table in
my database, however I can do neither in the current situation.

It was suggested to me to use a wrapper that invokes a system call such as
system('sudo upload.php -p password') that will run the program in sudo
but I really don't know where to start with this??

Can anyone please help me?

Richie Duggan
Computer Science IV
University College Cork
Eamil : dugganr(at)student(dot)cs(dot)ucc(dot)ie   richie_dug(at)yahoo(dot)com
Homepage : http://student.cs.ucc.ie/01/dugganr/index.html

pgsql-php by date

Next:From: David OlbersenDate: 2001-02-26 17:25:48