DBI/DBD anyone?

From: Vince Vielhaber <vev(at)michvhf(dot)com>
To: Hackers <hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>, Interfaces <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: DBI/DBD anyone?
Date: 1998-06-23 19:16:54
Lists: pgsql-hackerspgsql-interfaces
I'm sending this one to both hackers and interfaces (not sure which one
it really pertains to) but I have the reply-to set to interfaces.

Anyway...

I'm trying to set up dbd/dbi and all went well until I got to test DBD.
The README says it's for 6.2+, but fails when trying to create a table
like so:

CREATE TABLE builtin (
 bool    bool,
 char    char,
 char16  char16,
 text    text,
 date    date,
 int4    int4,
 int4_   int4[],
 float8  float8,
 point   point,
 lseg    lseg,
 box     box
)

I get the error:  ERROR:  parser: parse error at or near "char"

Same thing when I try to create it from psql.  Since I know I can
create tables all day long with the user I am at the time I have to
think there's something changed in PostgreSQL, although I didn't
find anything that would point to the problem in any of the docs.
That's why I'm sending this to both lists.  Was there a change in
datatypes or is there something wrong with the perl script that does
the test; I'm rather perl un-savvy!  I'm running 6.3 and perl 5.00404
on FreeBSD 2.2.6.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Vince.
Vince Vielhaber -- KA8CSH   email: vev(at)michvhf(dot)com   flame-mail: /dev/null
       # include <std/disclaimers.h>                   TEAM-OS2
   Online Searchable Campground Listings    http://www.camping-usa.com
       "There is no outfit less entitled to lecture me about bloat
               than the federal government"  -- Tony Snow

Next:From: Edmund MerglDate: 1998-06-23 19:49:36
Next:From: Edmund MerglDate: 1998-06-23 19:49:36
Previous:From: Mark BrittonDate: 1998-06-23 15:36:33
Subject: Interfaces FAQ?