Re: a little disillusioned

From: Jonathan Gold <jgold(at)panix(dot)com>
To: Frequency UnKnown <captainmofopants(at)hotmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: a little disillusioned
Date: 2004-01-21 06:40:20
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

i haven't used tomcat 5, but i know some stuff about tomcat 4, and it
sounds like it could pertain. you have to place a jar high enough up
in your tomcat directories so that any class which uses it (and, more
importantly, whichever class calls the Class.forName method) will be
in directories at that level or lower (for instance,
$CATALINA_HOME/common/libs). perhaps you aren't doing this, and you
have it too low (do you have different webapps using postgres? if so,
you can't have separate instances of the driver in
.../yourWebApp/WEB-INF/lib). for more, see the tomcat docs (ClassLoader
howto) and the tomcat lists for more specifics.

jon