Re: 6.8.5: Location of CURRENT_DATE unclear

From: Curt Sampson <cjs(at)cynic(dot)net>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: 6.8.5: Location of CURRENT_DATE unclear
Date: 2003-04-12 03:42:09
Lists: pgsql-docs
On Fri, 11 Apr 2003, Tom Lane wrote:

> Curt Sampson <cjs(at)cynic(dot)net> writes:
> > In table 6-18 the 7.3 documentation, it describes the CURRENT_DATE
> > function as returning "today's date." Section 6.8.4 mentions
> > CURRENT_DATE again, but does not describe what location is used to
> > determine the current date. Does this return the current date as of now,
> > UTC, or the current date in the local timezone?
>
> The latter, as you could easily have found by experiment.

In fact, I did find that out by experiment. My real question, I guess,
is "is there some good reason not to have this information in the
documentation?" (In fact, I'm sure the answer is "no," so more the real
question is, "Is my whinging enough to get someone to add it, or do I
have to get off my lazy ass and submit a patch?")

cjs
--
Curt Sampson  <cjs(at)cynic(dot)net>   +81 90 7737 2974   http://www.netbsd.org