Re: Why is MySQL more chosen over PostgreSQL?

From: Curt Sampson <cjs(at)cynic(dot)net>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Christopher Kings-Lynne <chriskl(at)familyhealth(dot)com(dot)au>, Hannu Krosing <hannu(at)tm(dot)ee>, Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Why is MySQL more chosen over PostgreSQL?
Date: 2002-07-31 03:14:36
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, 30 Jul 2002, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> You can add children without modifying your code. It is classic C++
> inheritance; parent table accesses work with the new child tables
> automatically.

I don't see how my method doesn't do this as well. What code do you have
to modify in the relational way of doing things that you don't in this
inheritance way?

cjs
--
Curt Sampson <cjs(at)cynic(dot)net> +81 90 7737 2974 http://www.netbsd.org
Don't you know, in this new Dark Age, we're all light. --XTC