Re: Vote totals for SET in aborted transaction

From: Curt Sampson <cjs(at)cynic(dot)net>
To: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Vote totals for SET in aborted transaction
Date: 2002-04-26 05:36:37
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, 26 Apr 2002, Marc G. Fournier wrote:

> NOTE that I *do* think that #1 is what *should* happen, but there should
> be some way of turning off that behaviour so that we don't screw up ppl
> expecting "Oracles behaviour" ...

I don't think this follows. If it's only for people's expectations,
but we default to #1, their expectations will be violated until
they figure out that the option is there. After they figure out
it's there, well, they don't expect it to behave like Oracle any
more, so they don't need the switch, right?

cjs
--
Curt Sampson <cjs(at)cynic(dot)net> +81 90 7737 2974 http://www.netbsd.org
Don't you know, in this new Dark Age, we're all light. --XTC