Re: Linux Distributions

From: Andy Ruhl <acruhl(at)sdf(dot)lonestar(dot)org>
To: Peter Darley <pdarley(at)kinesis-cem(dot)com>
Cc: Pgsql-Admin <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Linux Distributions
Date: 2002-03-06 21:01:28
Lists: pgsql-admin

On Wed, 6 Mar 2002, Peter Darley wrote:

> Andy,
> I've got nothing against FreeBSD, except that I'm familiar with Linux and
> not with BSD. What is it about FreeBSD that is going to make it faster than
> Linux? Any idea where I can find some comparative benchmarks?
> Thanks,
> Peter Darley

I don't mean to start a flame war here...

Actually, I've seen benchmarks (but don't remember where they are) that
show that Linux and FreeBSD are amazingly equal at most activities on
equivalent hardware.

My point is, machines are faster when they are actually running.

Andy

--
acruhl(at)sdf(dot)lonestar(dot)org