Re: Unable to compare _bpchar for similarity in WHERE-clause

From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden(at)netbsd(dot)org>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Justin <aa2(at)bigpond(dot)net(dot)au>, <Nicolai(at)ISYS(dot)DK>, <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Unable to compare _bpchar for similarity in WHERE-clause
Date: 2001-12-19 18:40:44
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Mon, 17 Dec 2001, Tom Lane wrote:

> Justin <aa2(at)bigpond(dot)net(dot)au> writes:
> > On Saturday 15 December 2001 03:06, Tom Lane wrote:
> >> It's too late to fix this in the standard catalogs for 7.2, but I'll
> >> make a note for 7.3.
>
> > Suitable for 7.2.1?
>
> Nyet. We don't do initdbs for dot-releases.

But whouldn't a patch script be enough for this change? A few insert with
fixed oid commands would do it. No initdb needed, and the oid numbers
could be taken from what will be used for 7.3.

The script would need to make sure there isn't already something at that
oid, and that it hadn't been run already. But nothing should get inserted
with oids in the reserved space anyway. :-)

Take care,

Bill