Re: [OT] Any major users of postgresql?

From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden(at)zembu(dot)com>
To: Joe Brenner <doom(at)kzsu(dot)stanford(dot)edu>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [OT] Any major users of postgresql?
Date: 2001-07-03 18:16:21
Lists: pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 3 Jul 2001, Joe Brenner wrote:

> The reason I'm asking is that the place that I work is
> actually contemplating reverting from Oracle's expensive
> bugs to MySQL's (supposedly) cheap ones.  They'd consider
> postgresql, but they figure that with MySQL they can at
> least point to sites that pump a fair amount of data with it
> (e.g. mp3.com).
>
> Please help save me from a life without referential
> integrity...

sourceforge for one. They were using MySQL, then changed. Also, look at
the postgres web site - there is an article there were someome did a speed
comparison between PG & MySQL. Postgres came out on top, even in places
where folks thought MySQL would win.

Also, it depends on what your application is. If there is any amount of DB
updates, PG will easily be the best choice. :-)

Take care,

Bill