DBI w/Postgres

From: Chris Hardie <chris(at)summersault(dot)com>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: DBI w/Postgres
Date: 1998-09-03 21:52:23
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

The setting: Postgres95, Perl 5.004, latest DBI with latest Postgres
driver

The problem: I'm going along fine inside my Perl script that is selecting
and updating a database, until we get to the updating part (I can select
just fine). With DBI_TRACE = 2, I see:

----------
dbd_st_execute
dbd_st_execute: statement = >update test set value_2 = 3<
PQcmdTuples (UPDATE) -- short input from serverSegmentation fault (core dumped)

Gasp! The SQL statement works fine inside of psql, and it seems
reasonable that Postgres would only return a curt "UPDATE" as it does in
psql. I don't understand why DBI doesn't like this. Do you?

Thanks,
Chris

Chris Hardie chris(at)summersault(dot)com
http://www.summersault.com/chris
magna vis veritatis