pgaccess & forms...it just begs to be asked...

From: The Hermit Hacker <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: pgaccess & forms...it just begs to be asked...
Date: 1998-03-10 19:53:13
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Hi...

I just finally got pgaccess to work on one of my machines, and am
totally lost on how to use the 'forms' feature.

I'm sorry, but I might be totally think here, but I've read
through the web page on this, and either I have a problem on my server, or
this just doesn't work as expected :(

First, the simple thing...how do I start off a form? From the WWW
page:

In order to make a simple test, put an entry field and set it's variable
to v1 and a button who's command is "set v1 whisky".

Press the button "Test form" and click on the button.

In that entry should appear whisky.

Now, if I read the instructions right, I should be able to go to
the toolbar, click on 'entry' and drag it to...? The "Form Design"
window? If so, that doesn't work :(

If I go to "Forms" and hit new, I get 4 windows popping up:

- Toolbar
- Attributes
- Form Design
- Commands

I'm using tcl7.6 and tk4.2, if that helps any...

Help?? :)