md5 doesn't work (Was Re: Pet Peeves?)

From: Jeff Frost <jeff(at)frostconsultingllc(dot)com>
To: rhubbell <Rhubbell(at)iHubbell(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: md5 doesn't work (Was Re: Pet Peeves?)
Date: 2009-01-29 19:34:00
Lists: pgsql-general

On Thu, 29 Jan 2009, rhubbell wrote:

> Umm, because md5 doesn't work and trust does work.

Generally this is because you haven't yet set a password for the postgres
user. You have to set a password for at least the postgres user via ALTER
ROLE while you've still got it set to trust or ident before changing to md5.

--
Jeff Frost, Owner <jeff(at)frostconsultingllc(dot)com>
Frost Consulting, LLC http://www.frostconsultingllc.com/