Re: vacuum verbose relations reporting

From: Jeff Frost <jeff(at)frostconsultingllc(dot)com>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: vacuum verbose relations reporting
Date: 2008-08-31 16:46:32
Lists: pgsql-admin

On Sun, 31 Aug 2008, Alvaro Herrera wrote:

> Jeff Frost wrote:
>
>> I guess this isn't entirely accurate, as the above script returns 35883,
>> but vacuum verbose returns:
>>
>> INFO: free space map contains 111435 pages in 10005 relations
>
> Well, what this means is that not every single table has useful free
> space ...

Ohh...naturally. So, max_fsm_relations only cares about relations that have
free space to track, and not all relations. So, is there a way to compute
the number of relatinos with useful free space?

--
Jeff Frost, Owner <jeff(at)frostconsultingllc(dot)com>
Frost Consulting, LLC http://www.frostconsultingllc.com/