Re: PostgreSQL derivatives

From: Seth Grimes <grimes(at)altaplana(dot)com>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL derivatives
Date: 2008-06-12 21:38:24
Lists: pgsql-advocacy
I didn't get a reply from Lonergan or anyone at Greenplum when I was
inquiring about Bizgres status a few months ago.  The only thing company
spokespeople have wanted to talk about recently is their new customer
wins.  That's legit, but the silence on other stuff related to open source
does suggest that they've pulled back from OS, gone down the Netezza road
rather than, say, the EnterpriseDB path.

 					Seth

--
Seth Grimes   Alta Plana Corp, analytical computing & data management
               Intelligent Enterprise magazine (CMP), Contributing Editor