PostgreSQL expert (remote)

From: End Point Corporation <jobs(at)endpoint(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jobs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: PostgreSQL expert (remote)
Date: 2008-06-09 22:50:00
Lists: pgsql-jobs
End Point Corporation is hiring for a PostgreSQL consultant position. We
need a PostgreSQL expert who's been responsible for the performance and
stability of PostgreSQL databases in a few different environments.

You'll need skills in the database development and support side:
developing and tuning complex SQL queries, PL/pgSQL or PL/Perl functions,
constraints, rules, triggers, and views.

Equally valuable are skills in the administration side: setting up,
configuring, and maintaining the hardware, operating system, database
software, and replication systems such as Slony and Bucardo.

Our consultants regularly interact directly with our clients via
telephone, email, and instant messaging, so you'll need excellent verbal
and written English communication skills. Good candidates pay attention to
detail, are careful with production systems, and code defensively to
provide good stability and maintainability of mission-critical systems.

This is a full-time salaried position with benefits including health
insurance, paid holidays, vacation, and 401(k) plan. Our employees work
primarily from their home offices. Generally very little travel is
required. Employees in the United States must be U.S. citizens or
permanent residents.

Apply by emailing jobs(at)endpoint(dot)com with details about your experience and
salary expectations. Principals only, please. Thank you.

pgsql-jobs by date

Next:From: Andrew CrispDate: 2008-06-11 00:22:50