Re: which ext3 fs type should I use for postgresql

From: Matthew Wakeling <matthew(at)flymine(dot)org>
To: "pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: which ext3 fs type should I use for postgresql
Date: 2008-05-15 15:21:24
Lists: pgsql-performance
On Thu, 15 May 2008, Guillaume Cottenceau wrote:
> Also, IIRC when PG writes data up to a full filesystem,
> postmaster won't be able to then restart if the filesystem is
> still full (it needs some free disk space for its startup).
>
> Or maybe this has been fixed in recent versions?

Ah, the "not enough space to delete file, delete some files and try again"
problem. Anyway, that isn't relevant to the reserved percentage, as that
will happen whether or not the filesystem is 5% smaller.

Matthew

--
Let's say I go into a field and I hear "baa baa baa". Now, how do I work
out whether that was "baa" followed by "baa baa", or if it was "baa baa"