Re: Day of PostgreSQL - July 22, Sunday before OSCON

From: Rich Shepard <rshepard(at)appl-ecosys(dot)com>
To: Postgresql PDX_Users <pdxpug(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Day of PostgreSQL - July 22, Sunday before OSCON
Date: 2007-06-22 00:39:08
Lists: pdxpug
On Thu, 21 Jun 2007, Selena Deckelmann wrote:

> We've got a plan in the works for 5-6 hours of talks the day before OSCON
> starts, and before the PostgreSQL party in the evening.

selena,

   Something I've just begun to learn is how to handle temporal data. It's
quite difficult as most products do not fully support it. Yet, it's really
at the heart of most business and scientific applications. It would be quite
valuable to have someone solidly conversant with such time-based
applications to teach the rest of us.

   I've read Rich Snodgrass' book, "Developing Time-Oriented Databases in
SQL,"[1] and Joe Celko's shorter version in "SQL for Smarties, 3rd Ed." but
there's much more to learn.

   Think you could find someone to do such a presentation?

Rich

[1] Available for free from his web page at the U. Arizona CS Deparment,
under Publications.