Re: proposed OSCON talk accepted

From: Oleg Bartunov <oleg(at)sai(dot)msu(dot)su>
To: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Cc: Robert Bernier <robert(dot)bernier5(at)sympatico(dot)ca>, pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org, Nickolay Samokhvalov <samokhvalov(at)gmail(dot)com>, "Ivan Yu(dot) Zolotukhin" <iz(at)sai(dot)msu(dot)ru>
Subject: Re: proposed OSCON talk accepted
Date: 2007-04-02 19:21:49
Lists: pgsql-advocacy
On Mon, 2 Apr 2007, Magnus Hagander wrote:

>>> Yeah we can do that, but does it help without having the actual
>>> contents? It might be better to work off a copy of the static website,
>>> and then use the indexing scripts that are already in the pgweb cvs tree
>>> to build the tsearch indexes?
>> Yes, this is what I meant. Provide static content and scripts for indexing,
>> search form and display search results.
> If you want any chance to update it, I suggest setting up a local
> repository of the website, and build it from there. If not, I can get
> you a one-time tarball of what's on the site now, but we currently have
> no way of doing that regularly.

ok, how can I rsync web site ? Also, I forgot where is www code ?
I think, in future we could setup automatic procedure for building
pg_live, including rsync web-site, reindex.

Robert, I discussed this with Nikolay and Ivan, they will produce
pg_live with searchable

Oleg Bartunov, Research Scientist, Head of AstroNet (,
Internet: oleg(at)sai(dot)msu(dot)su,
phone: +007(495)939-16-83, +007(495)939-23-83