Storing Binary Large Objects

From: Rich Shepard <rshepard(at)appl-ecosys(dot)com>
To: pdxpug(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Storing Binary Large Objects
Date: 2007-03-28 22:05:14
Lists: pdxpug
   I've not before needed to store BLOBs in a database, but now I do.
Specifically, I need to store scanned pages as .pdf files within a table.

   Looking at the 8.2 docs I see there is a bytea data type that references
the SQL standard of blob (different input format, same functions and
operators). Is bytea the data type I want to use? If so, are there any
special considerations to storing and retrieving those files?

   Pointers to more specific docs would be helpful.

Rich

pdxpug by date

Next:From: Roth, GabrielleDate: 2007-03-28 22:27:39