ER Diagramming Tools?

From: Rich Shepard <rshepard(at)appl-ecosys(dot)com>
To: pdxpug(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: ER Diagramming Tools?
Date: 2007-03-27 00:27:01
Lists: pdxpug

I have a scientific database to design. While I've started writing the
schema in text, it occurred to me that using a visual tool might make the
task quicker and easier. Back when I considered learning java I used
Eclipse, and it has a ER plug-in that generates postgres sql. But, since I
don't java, I no longer have those on my system.

DIA apparently does ER diagramming. Anyone here have any experience with
it? Are there other tools available?

The Postgres Foundry has one -- web-based; Google turns up a ton of stuff
for winduhs, but nothing I saw for linux.

Suggestions appreciated,

Rich

--
Richard B. Shepard, Ph.D. | The Environmental Permitting
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. | Accelerator(TM)