Re: MatLab (off topic)

From: Rich Shepard <rshepard(at)appl-ecosys(dot)com>
To: pdxpug(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: MatLab (off topic)
Date: 2007-02-06 21:24:57
Lists: pdxpug

On Tue, 6 Feb 2007, Thomas J Keller wrote:

> Sorry for the non-database post, but our last speaker, Bill Howe and
> audience from the Oceanographics group at OGI's CMOP, mentioned the use of
> MatLab. Could one of them please contact me. I'm at OHSU too and would
> like to learn how to use MatLab for image analysis.

Tom,

You can also use Octave which is free as in beer and speech, and runs
almost all MatLab scripts (from what I've read).
<http://www.gnu.org/software/octave/>

There's also SciPy and MatPlotLib if you're writing in python. And the R
statistical language if you're so inclined.

Rich

--
Richard B. Shepard, Ph.D. | The Environmental Permitting
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. | Accelerator(TM)