Re: Connection refused. Check that the hostname and port

From: Jeff Frost <jeff(at)frostconsultingllc(dot)com>
To: Omer Mustafa <omustafa(at)internode(dot)com(dot)au>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Connection refused. Check that the hostname and port
Date: 2006-07-27 07:05:52
Lists: pgsql-admin

Please do not remove the list from the Cc when replying.

On Thu, 27 Jul 2006, Omer Mustafa wrote:

> FATAL: no pg_hba.conf entry for host "203.26.95.33", user "sysloguser",
> database "syslog"
>
> but i have this entry in my pg_hba file.

Most likely it is because you didn't reload the postgresql service after
making the changes or because it is matching another entry first. The
pg_hba.conf is parsed in a top down manner with the first match winning.
Post your pg_hba.conf and we can likely help you. Remember that you must
reload the postgresql service after making changes.

--
Jeff Frost, Owner <jeff(at)frostconsultingllc(dot)com>
Frost Consulting, LLC http://www.frostconsultingllc.com/