Additional Help Desired in Application Port to PostgreSQL

From: Rich Shepard <rshepard(at)appl-ecosys(dot)com>
To: pdxpug(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Additional Help Desired in Application Port to PostgreSQL
Date: 2006-07-21 13:55:32
Lists: pdxpug
   At Wednesday's meeting I mentioned working with the folks developing Xrms
<http://xrms.sourceforge.net/> so that it will work with postgres as well as
mysql. It's a web appliation for customer relations management/sales lead
tracking written in php.

   Yesterday I learned that the developer who was working on the backend
compatibility issue lost his job and will not be doing any more work until
he finds something else. Rats! I think that having the application work with
postgres would benefit quite a few folks other than me. So, I'm asking if
anyone here will help me resolve the errors I see when I try running it.

   Here's the status: the appliation uses ADOdb, which is supposed to have
complete support (tables and selects) for a range of dbms: mysql and
postgres among them. So I have no idea why there's a problem. Anyway, I
found and fixed the errors that prevented me from cleanly installing the
application here (apache-1.3.x, postgres-8.1.4), but now I get errors when I
try to load several pages from the main menu.

   I'm not familiar with php, ADOdb, or the overall design of xrms; I have
the source which I update from the sourceforge cvs server whenever I see
that someone has modified a file. Suggestions and guidance would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks,

Rich

pdxpug by date

Next:From: Rich ShepardDate: 2006-07-21 19:11:18
Subject: Re: Thanks ... and an apology