motherboard recommendations

From: Jeff Frost <jeff(at)frostconsultingllc(dot)com>
To: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: motherboard recommendations
Date: 2006-03-22 02:48:26
Lists: pgsql-performance
It's time to build a new white box postgresql test box/workstation.  My Athlon
XP system is getting a little long in the tooth.  Have any of you performance
folks evaluated the Socket 939 boards on the market these days?  I'd like to
find something that doesn't have terrible SATA disk performance.  I'm planning
to install Gentoo x86_64 on it and run software raid, so I won't be using the
fakeraid controllers as raid.  I have been eyeing the Abit AN8 32X board, but
I don't really need SLI, though having an extra PCI-e might be nice in the
future.

If you respond off-list, I'll summarize and post the results back.

Thanks for any input.

Phone: 650-780-7908	FAX: 650-649-1954

pgsql-performance by date