Re: order of performance

From: Jeff Frost <jeff(at)frostconsultingllc(dot)com>
To: David Fetter <david(at)fetter(dot)org>
Cc: SF Postgres <sfpug(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: order of performance
Date: 2005-10-06 02:48:15
Lists: sfpug

On Wed, 5 Oct 2005, David Fetter wrote:

> It depends on which performance metric you're looking at. "Crashes per
> hour," for example, would get you a different answer from "number of
> disk writes per second."

Not surprisingly I was looking for the best performance running an OLTP
bechmark type metric...but crashes per hour is probably interesting as well.
;-)

>> Linux (particular distros?)
>> FreeBSD
>> Solarisx86
>> Windows
>
> Cheers,

Jeff Frost, Owner <jeff(at)frostconsultingllc(dot)com>
Frost Consulting, LLC http://www.frostconsultingllc.com/
Phone: 650-780-7908 FAX: 650-649-1954