Re: pg_dumpall - Need advice

From: Jeff Frost <jeff(at)frostconsultingllc(dot)com>
To: J French <hikenboots(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pg_dumpall - Need advice
Date: 2005-09-16 18:58:50
Lists: pgsql-admin
J,

Not using the debian packages myself, I'll take a guess that on line 2 of the
file: /etc/postgresql/postgresql.env it is specifiying the
/usr/lib/postgresql/bin/readpgenv for some function and you do not have the
readpgenv script/binary on your system, so it exits.  Perhaps that file comes
with a package that did not get installed, though I would think debian's
package manager would not allow that behavior.

On Fri, 16 Sep 2005, J French wrote:

> I need to write a database dump/backup shell script to cron but I can't seem
> to get pg_dumpall working. Could someone who has this working take a look at
> my configuration below and give me some pointers? It would appear that
> "/usr/lib/postgresql/bin/readpgenv: line 2: /etc/postgresql/postgresql.env:
> No such file or directory " would be a big tip off except I can't find that
> file on my system and have no idea what it is/does. I'm new to postgresql
> (obviously). Thanks for your time. -John

Phone: 650-780-7908	FAX: 650-649-1954