Re: restoring wal archive and pg_xlog dir

From: Jeff Frost <jeff(at)frostconsultingllc(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: restoring wal archive and pg_xlog dir
Date: 2005-06-26 18:52:00
Lists: pgsql-admin

On Thu, 23 Jun 2005, Simon Riggs wrote:

> That was the bit I didn't. Fix partially implemented and I am to submit
> for 8.1, godspeed my typing fingers. There's a simple workaround if you
> have a low transaction rate system: load up enough data to trip into the
> next xlog.

I just noticed one other thing...it will always look in the pg_xlog directory
for that current xlog which is required and will not look for it in the
archive dir. It would be nice if it would also look in the archive dir for
this one, no?

--
Jeff Frost, Owner <jeff(at)frostconsultingllc(dot)com>
Frost Consulting, LLC http://www.frostconsultingllc.com/