Re: restoring wal archive and pg_xlog dir

From: Jeff Frost <jeff(at)frostconsultingllc(dot)com>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: restoring wal archive and pg_xlog dir
Date: 2005-06-25 22:50:33
Lists: pgsql-admin
On Sat, 25 Jun 2005, Bruce Momjian wrote:

>> And here's one other question..is it safe to ignore the: pgsql_tmp directories
>> when doing the base backup?
>
> Yes, those are used only by running backups, but they should have little
> disk space in them.

Bruce,

Thanks!  I actually ask not because of disk space concerns, but because rsync
occassionally reports that these files disappear out from under the running
rsync process, and so I was thinking I'd rather just exclude them if they are
not required as I want my pitrbasebackup script to return 0 if rsync is
successful.

Phone: 650-780-7908	FAX: 650-649-1954