PITR: in use WAL file question

From: Jeff Frost <jeff(at)frostconsultingllc(dot)com>
To: sfpug(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: PITR: in use WAL file question
Date: 2005-05-09 18:34:38
Lists: sfpug
Can I just grab the latest WAL in use WAL file and rsync it off somewhere so
that when I need to do a PITR restore, I have it available to put back into
the pg_xlog directory such that I don't lose too much data?  The DB I'm
looking at using PITR for restores only rolls over WAL files about once every
5-6 hours and that seems like quite a bit of time to lose if we need to do a
restore.

Phone: 650-780-7908	FAX: 650-649-1954

sfpug by date

Next:From: Josh BerkusDate: 2005-05-09 23:39:38