Reg external sorting alogrithm

From: Praveen Kumar N <praveen_n(at)students(dot)iiit(dot)net>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Reg external sorting alogrithm
Date: 2006-10-25 04:17:51
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,
can anybody tell me what is the computational complexity of
external sorting algorithm used by postgres in terms of time and space.
And one more question is how does # of DISK I/O's vary by varying jsf and
size of data while using external sorting algorithms to sort(I mean is it
like linear relation ship or in terms of logarithmic function).

thanks in anticipation.

Regards,
N Praveen Kumar