Weird ipc-daemon services

From: "Aurangzeb M(dot) Agha" <ama-list(at)mltp(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL Cygwin List <pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Weird ipc-daemon services
Date: 2005-10-04 02:18:10
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

I'm having a problem removing a couple of weird ipc-daemon services I have
on my W2K box. This MAY seem like a posting which is a duplicate to this
one (or one of the many others, but I assure you it's not!):

Re: Problem: unable to uninstall CYGWIN-IPC DAEMON after uninstalling
PostgreSQL
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-cygwin/2003-10/msg00077.php

I have TWO services (currently, disabled) what are on my PC which I can't
seem to get rid of:

They are:

a) ipc-daemona and
b) ipc-daemonB

The "Path to executable" for both of these is:

F:\cygwin\bin\cygrunsrv.exe

I *think* these both came about from prior, unsuccessful attempts to build
Postgres on this box--which is the only reason I can think of that they'd
have such informal names.

I've tried passing the "--remove-as-service" to 'a' and 'b', but they're
not executables, so nothing happens.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what I can do to get rid of these two
services?

Is there any more information anyone needs to help diagnose this info? If
so, please let me know.