Re: pg_dump issue : Cannot drop a non-existent(?) trigger

From: Devrim GUNDUZ <devrim(at)gunduz(dot)org>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pg_dump issue : Cannot drop a non-existent(?) trigger
Date: 2005-03-25 15:15:26
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi Tom,

On Fri, 25 Mar 2005, Tom Lane wrote:

> Stephan Szabo <sszabo(at)megazone(dot)bigpanda(dot)com> writes:
>> Odd, why is this not showing up as a foreign key constraint?  Has this
>> database been upgraded (no matter through how many different upgrades)
>> from an old version (7.1 or earlier I think)?
> And the other odd thing is that it fails to dump it as a trigger either.
> The "invalid argument string" complaint indicates that pg_dump didn't
> find the right number of "\000" sequences in the tgargs value; but
> pg_get_triggerdef evidently is finding the right number of zero bytes.
> It almost looks like the tgargs value got coerced from bytea to text
> somewhere between the catalogs and pg_dump, but how'd that happen?
> It'd be good to look at the trigger row directly:
> 	select * from pg_trigger where tgname = 'RI_ConstraintTrigger_39053';

Here it is:

prod=# select * from pg_trigger where tgname = 'RI_ConstraintTrigger_39053';
- -[ RECORD 1 ]--+---------------------------
tgrelid        | 37564
tgname         | RI_ConstraintTrigger_39053
tgfoid         | 1644
tgtype         | 21
tgenabled      | t
tgisconstraint | t
tgconstrname   | firma_moduller_firma_fkey1
tgconstrrelid  | 37577
tgdeferrable   | f
tginitdeferred | f
tgnargs        | 6
tgattr         |
tgargs         | firma_moduller_firma_fkey1

- --
Devrim GUNDUZ,,
Version: GnuPG v1.2.1 (GNU/Linux)