Help Needed

From: "Ameya S(dot) Sakhalkar" <ameya(at)cse(dot)iitb(dot)ac(dot)in>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Help Needed
Date: 2004-12-27 02:25:27
Lists: pgsql-hackers

For my project (main memory DBMS), I hv written a main memory filesystem.
Idea is, the primary copy of data will reside in main memory. (Workable
only for small size data, at most 2GB).

Now, I want to plug this filesystem with Postgres, so that, instead of
Unix filesystem, this main memory filesystem(MMFS) will now store the
data.

I want to know, how to plug it with Postgres. i.e. whether replacing all
calls to Unix filesystem by calls to MMFS is enough, or do I need to do
something else/more. I am really a newbie to Postgres. So, can someone pls
guide me, abt how should I go.

Ameya S Sakhalkar,
Sr. Postgraduate Student, CSE,
C-720, H12, IIT Bombay.
email: ameya(at)cse(dot)iitb(dot)ac(dot)in
Phone: 9892252239
Visit me at:
http://www.cse.iitb.ac.in/~ameya