Re: missing schemas from template1

From: drdani(at)mazsola(dot)iit(dot)uni-miskolc(dot)hu
To: Michael Fuhr <mike(at)fuhr(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: missing schemas from template1
Date: 2004-12-16 17:48:03
Lists: pgsql-admin
On Thu, 16 Dec 2004, Michael Fuhr wrote:

> How are you determining that there are no schemas?  Might you be

Connecting with pgadmin3 to template1.

> This is a different issue, but you aren't trying to work in template1,
> are you?  Template1 is the skeleton used when creating new databases --
> you should be using CREATE DATABASE or createdb to create the database
> you'll be working in.

To create a new database (my one to work with) I have to connect to
template1. Creating a new database works wery well, it copies
template1 so the new db hasn't got any schema exactly as template1...

So the problem is that initdb has created an incomplete template1 so I
can't start my work. I don't know the reason (output of initdb
--mailed to me by the provider-- looks OK) and my problem is that I
don't know the solution... the biggest problem is that provider dosn't
know either:-(

I tried to dump out missing schemas from an other installation and
aply the dumps on the incorrect database but it failed.

Daniel