Re: Hey, FC2 rpm is ready!

From: Devrim GUNDUZ <devrim(at)gunduz(dot)org>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)PostgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: Hey, FC2 rpm is ready!
Date: 2004-09-15 10:52:32
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hi,

On Wed, 15 Sep 2004, Dave Page wrote:

>> It was funny that I couldn't build it since 5 months :) I
>> found out my mistake (RTFM!).
>
> Which was?

I followed the instructions of Diego, cleaned up old wx and other stuff.
also unix_compilation.html was my guide, too.

>> Anyway... the rpm is ready. I'll upload the FC2 rpm and SRPM to
>>
>> http://www.pgadmin.org/snapshots/linux/SRPMS/
>> http://www.pgadmin.org/snapshots/linux/FC2
>>
>> in an hour.
>
> Thanks - it might take longer than an hour to rsync up to www though...

Umm, the package is 24 MB, I'm using 512K DSL at work so I'll be able to
upload it after everyone goes home. Let's say 6 hours later.

>> Next step: I'll build the rpm of wxWidgets for FC2...
>
> We're not holding binaries of wxWidgets any more - they were all
> hopelessly out of date anyway and all the developers were building from
> source.

But... I think if we didn't compile pgadmin3 with --enable-static, then
the package size would be smaller. People would install wxWidgets once;
and then pgadmin3. So I believe we should build wxWidgets rpm.

> It would be good though it you could build a real beta1 just for
> completeness.

Ok, done:

pgadmin3-1.2.0-beta1.i686.rpm
pgadmin3-1.2.0-beta1.src.rpm

:)

will upload these ones with the other ones tonite.

> PS, will this version run on FC1?

I have a FC1 box but it does not run a gui. I believe the SRPM will help
people using FC1.

Also... FC1 has been moved (or will be moved shortly) to fedora legacy
project. I'm not sure that we'll need to support FC1.

Regards,

- --
Devrim GUNDUZ
devrim~gunduz.org devrim.gunduz~linux.org.tr
http://www.tdmsoft.com
http://www.gunduz.org