PostgreSQL on Solaris 8 and ufs

From: "Brandon Metcalf" <bmetcalf(at)nortel(dot)com>
To: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: PostgreSQL on Solaris 8 and ufs
Date: 2005-03-22 20:44:10
Lists: pgsql-performance
We've recently moved our pgsql installation and DBs to a Solaris 8
machine with striped and mirrored ufs filesystem that houses the DB
data.  We are now seeing terrible performance and the bottleneck is no
doubt disk I/O.

We've tried modifying a tunables related to ufs, but it doesn't seem
to be helping.

Is there anything we should be looking at that is specifically related
to ufs filesystems on Solaris 8 or possibly something in general that
would improve performance?

Thanks.

--
Brandon

pgsql-performance by date

Next:From: Alan StangeDate: 2005-03-22 21:02:39