Re: TB-sized databases

From: Matthew <matthew(at)flymine(dot)org>
To: pgsql-performance <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: TB-sized databases
Date: 2007-11-28 12:53:47
Lists: pgsql-performance
On Tue, 27 Nov 2007, Pablo Alcaraz wrote:
> it would be nice to do something with selects so we can recover a rowset
> on huge tables using a criteria with indexes without fall running a full
> scan.

You mean: Be able to tell Postgres "Don't ever do a sequential scan of
this table. It's silly. I would rather the query failed than have to wait
for a sequential scan of the entire table."

Yes, that would be really useful, if you have huge tables in your
database.

Matthew

--
Trying to write a program that can't be written is... well, it can be an
enormous amount of fun!                 -- Computer Science Lecturer