Re: Problem: UTS will not allow us to hold SydPUG (for

From: Gavin Sherry <swm(at)alcove(dot)com(dot)au>
To: sydpug(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Problem: UTS will not allow us to hold SydPUG (for
Date: 2006-08-22 06:20:03
Lists: sydpug

On Tue, 22 Aug 2006, Gavin Sherry wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I just got an email from UTS. They want $200 for room hire for SydPUG
> (SLUG have been hit with >$600).

Great news. I have arranged with Fujitsu to get access to the board room
on level 19, 15 Blue St North Sydney. The room meets all our needs and,
apparently, has nice views etc.

The only difficult bit is that as the building is secured with passes,
etc, I shall have to take people up to level 19 personally. This just
means that we need to meet at reception and not at the room itself.

At this stage, I plan to talk about PostGIS, especially some of the cool
stuff we can do once we can store geograph data in PostgreSQL. Updates
soon!

Thanks,

Gavin