Re: Obtaining information on the schema of tables which

From: Daniel Ariel <pgsqlinterfaces(at)netzach(dot)co(dot)il>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Obtaining information on the schema of tables which
Date: 2005-12-15 13:27:26
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

OK, if I understand things correctly, comparing the
CONSTRAINT_COLUMN_USAGE view:

SQL2003 late draft:
WHERE ( SCHEMA_OWNER = CURRENT_USER
OR
SCHEMA_OWNER IN
( SELECT ROLE_NAME
FROM ENABLED_ROLES ) )

PG 7.4.7:
WHERE pg_class.relowner=pg_user.usesysid
AND pg_user.usename=current_user()

What PG should be, in order to meet the SQL2003 standard:
WHERE pg_class.relowner=pg_user.usesysid
AND (pg_user.usename=current_user() OR
pg_user IN (SELECT role_name FROM
information_schema.enabled_roles)
)

I cannot comment on other changes between SQL92 and 2003 until somebody
can point me in the direction of the SQL92 spec.

Please note that my quotes are based on the SQL as extracted from the
views in the database, not those in CVS.

Daniel