Article doing a basic comparison of MySQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL

From: Gavin Sherry <swm(at)linuxworld(dot)com(dot)au>
To: pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Article doing a basic comparison of MySQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL
Date: 2005-08-11 06:49:49
Lists: pgsql-docs
Though it was published some time ago, I only just came across this
article:

http://www.suite101.com/article.cfm/oracle/115560

The comparison criteria is primative but PostgreSQL does well. I must say,
I was thrown by this comment:

"That web site includes a very good installation document. However, post
installation and getting started documentation is very limited. I hope
that that will change in time."

I find this peculiar, considering this:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/static/tutorial-start.html

Now, perhaps the author's conclusion is just bogus but can anyone think of
better ways in which we could ease people into PostgreSQL?

Thanks,

Gavin

pgsql-docs by date

Next:From: Halley Pacheco de OliveiraDate: 2005-08-11 10:42:40