From: Bill Fefferman <bill(at)math(dot)uchicago(dot)edu>
To: psql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: tblspace
Date: 2004-09-13 15:48:46
Lists: pgsql-performance
Hi, I have downloaded the new postgresql (version 8.0 beta2) and I was
wondering what performance features I can take advantage of before I start
to dump my 3/4 terrabyte database into the new database.  More
I am interested in tablespaces--what exactly is this feature, some sort of
organizational addition (?) and how can I best take advantage of this....?
Anything else?  Furthermore, if I compile from source will I be able to
revert to using the packaged version of postgresql 8.0 stable later on
without modifying the database(I use debian)….?

pgsql-performance by date

Next:From: mudfootDate: 2004-09-13 19:32:44