Re: Commit log issue with load generated by

From: Gavin Sherry <swm(at)linuxworld(dot)com(dot)au>
To: Claudio Natoli <claudio(dot)natoli(at)memetrics(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Commit log issue with load generated by
Date: 2004-09-01 11:10:20
Lists: pgsql-hackers-win32
Hi Claudio,

On Wed, 1 Sep 2004, Claudio Natoli wrote:

> Hi Gavin,
> > I ran up the win32 beta 1 and ran pgbench against it as follows:
> >
> > ./pgbench -h -U postgres -P postgres bench -c 10 -t 10000
> >
> > I encountered the following errors:
> >
> > Client 0 aborted in state 3: ERROR:  could not access status of
> transaction 24538
> I'm not able to reproduce. What flavour of windows are you on?

XP Professional

> You mention that you are able to re-create the error. Is this starting from
> a virgin installation? If so, what are the steps?

Yes. Reinstall. Simply running pgbench causes this problem.

However, if you cannot recreate, I'm inclined to put it down to a hardware
issue. I am trying to find another machine to attempot to reproduce.

> Cheers,
> Claudio
> PS. If we don't get anywhere via email, we could try meeting up some time
> over the next couple days.

The machine is in an office on the other side of sydney :-(. We can have a
look at it if I can reproduce it on another machine.