[NOT] (LIKE|ILIKE) (ANY|ALL) (...)

From: Fabien COELHO <coelho(at)cri(dot)ensmp(dot)fr>
To: PostgreSQL Patches <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: [NOT] (LIKE|ILIKE) (ANY|ALL) (...)
Date: 2004-03-25 15:42:04
Lists: pgsql-patches

Dear Patchers,

Please find attached a patch which allows "LIKE/ILIKE/NOT LIKE/NOT ILIKE"
as operators for ANY/SOME/ALL constructs.

SELECT 'foo' LIKE ANY (ARRAY['%a','%o']);

It should also fix some other places where a "~~" operator was allowed,
but not the LIKE operator in the very same place.

However, this patch does not address "SIMILAR TO", as its "hacked"
implementation does not fit the already existing structures for ANY/ALL.
I've added a comment about this in the regression tests.

It validates for me against current CVS head.

Have a nice day,

--
Fabien Coelho.

Attachment Content-Type Size