Re: inverse of "day of year"

From: Dana Hudes <dhudes(at)tcp-ip(dot)info>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: inverse of "day of year"
Date: 2004-03-22 15:56:36
Lists: pgsql-sql
If you have the option to handle the date manipulation in Perl
use the DateTime modules. Also see Date::Calc.
A considerable amount of effort has been expended dealing with all
the nitty-gritty of time manipulation.
Use those modules , get your new date or time interval and
feed that to the dbms with a straightforward inequality .
Don't try to do date arithmetic in sql if you can avoid it you'll
run afoul of something or other.