Re: psql documentation one liner

From: Gavin Sherry <swm(at)linuxworld(dot)com(dot)au>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: psql documentation one liner
Date: 2004-02-10 09:00:16
Lists: pgsql-patches

On Tue, 10 Feb 2004, Peter Eisentraut wrote:

> Gavin Sherry wrote:
> > This just clears up one aspect of variable handling in psql.
> > [ "variable names are case-sensitive" ]
>
> I honestly wonder why this is suddenly of so much interest. I hope no
> one is going to question the fact that the command names are
> case-sensitive. Do we need a note abou that, too?

This arose because Neil and I were having a private conversation where
psql variables were involved. A script was not behaving correctly because
I assumed the variables were case insensitive. I'm not sure why -- perhaps
because SQL is case insensitive. I thought I'd send in the note so that no
one else could make the mistake.

Gavin